Die Goblins beantworten Zaks DM Questionnaire
Veröffentlicht: Januar 23, 2012 Abgelegt unter: RPG allgemein | Tags: Fragebogen, Zak S
Zak S. von D&D With Pornstars hat vor ein paar Tagen einen SL-Fragebogen rausgehauen, hier meine Antworten (Englisch, soll ja zu den Fragen passen):
1. If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?
That demon-pact scientist in a fantasy/western game years ago. He started out as a friend of the PC, hunted by a demon.First they liked him, then he became a bit annoying and when the PC found out about him as the demon’s weak master, they outright hated him. It was a cool campaign…
2. When was the last time you GMed?
9 days ago
3. When was the last time you played?
A few weeks ago
4. Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven’t run but would like to.
The old pyramid of Tohem-Tep was buried for centuries beneath the sands, but someting is changing and the grave of the old god-dragon-mummy rises again.
5. What do you do while you wait for players to do things?
Checking monster stats, flipping through the notes, grab a cookie…
6. What, if anything, do you eat while you play?
That cookie, chips, whatever eatable is on the table.
7. Do you find GMing physically exhausting?
Nope, but sometimes it takes much to long to get a cool idea for the next session.
8. What was the last interesting (to you, anyway) thing you remember a PC you were running doing?
Trying to get our team’s highly damaged spaceship out of the combat zone.
9. Do your players take your serious setting and make it unserious? Vice versa? Neither?
Much too often, the players and me too. But we can do it the other way, if we have to. It’s a serious game 😉
10. What do you do with goblins?
Using them as my blog’s icons.
11. What was the last non-RPG thing you saw that you converted into game material (background, setting, trap, etc.)?
The publisher Uhrwerk
’s plush owl mascot and it’s … life as part of a dungeon.
12. What’s the funniest table moment you can remember right now?
There are a few, but the jokes just work when explained in german.
13. What was the last game book you looked at–aside from things you referenced in a game–why were you looking at it?
100 fantasy adventure seeds. The reason should be self-explaining.
14. Who’s your idea of the perfect RPG illustrator?
One word: Franzetta
15. Does your game ever make your players genuinely afraid?
16. What was the best time you ever had running an adventure you didn’t write? (If ever)
The „King Of Spring“ for Agone was pretty cool and there are a few OPDs I really liked to run.
17. What would be the ideal physical set up to run a game in?
A big table is all you need. If it stands in some VIP-Lounge, I will not complain.
18. If you had to think of the two most disparate games or game products that you like what would they be?
D&D 4E and that oldschool stuff, I think 😀
19. If you had to think of the most disparate influences overall on your game, what would they be?
Sword&Sorcery stories like Fafhrd&Gray Mouser and Conan on the one, fairytales on the other side.
20. As a GM, what kind of player do you want at your table?
Players who play together and not against each other.
21. What’s a real life experience you’ve translated into game terms?
22. Is there an RPG product that you wish existed but doesn’t?
The high-selling RPG everyone buys and which allows me as the guy behind it to put my game table into the VIP lounge I spoke about in question #17.
23. Is there anyone you know who you talk about RPGs with who doesn’t play? How do those conversations go?
My wife. But she is not very interested ^^